Friday, September 09, 2005

Weekend philosophy...

The master says:
"My dear fellow, I have to tell you something that you perhaps don't know. I have been thinking about how to make this news less difficult to hear -- how to paint it in brighter colors, add to it promises of Paradise, visions of the Absolute, provide esoteric explanations -- but they do not apply.
"Take a deep breath, and prepare yourself. I have to be blunt, and I assure you, I am absolutely certain of what I'm telling you. It is an infallible prediction, without any doubt whatsoever.
"It's the following: you are going to die.
"It may be tomorrow or fifty years from now, but -- sooner or later -- you are going to die. Even if you would rather not. Even if you have other plans.
"Think carefully about what you are going to do today. And-tomorrow. And with the rest of your life."

No comments: